If you’ve been watching the countdown timer you’ve noticed that it’s run its course. The entry window for the 2015 Hackaday Prize is now closed, but that doesn’t mean you can stop what you’ve been doing. As we begin judging this slate of entries, heed my advice and continue working on your project in earnest because the next judging deadline is right around the corner: September 21st at 1:50pm Pacific Time.
For all entries complete the following:
- A second video of no more than 5 minutes including footage of your prototype in action
- A total of 8 project logs
- A nearly complete components list
- A rendering or drawing of the design/look and feel of the project
Early next week we will announce the 100 projects that move on to the next round. We will also announce which of the Best Product entries will be among the 10 finalists. The Best Product competitors have additional benchmarks to meet:
Best Product Entries must complete the following:
- A third video between 5-10 minutes in length
- A total of 12 project logs
- A compete components list and a bill of materials for one unit
- Design Files
Of course the Hackaday Prize is about building something that matters and documenting it as an Open Hardware project. Thank you for sharing your time and talent in preparing your entry. To recognize your effort this year, we’ll be awarding a commemorative T-shirt to all who complete the entry requirements. More information about claiming that shirt will be sent in the coming weeks.