Hackaday Editors Elliot Williams and Mike Szczys recap a week full of hacks from the solar sailing RC plane that has zero power storage, to geeking out about lightning detectors and hacking Ikea LED controllers to unlock real dimming to building backyard wind turbines. We look up an IoT egg tray with appreciation not for the concept but certainly for the engineering, and scratch our heads on why one-hacker-smartwatch-to-rule-them-all seems like something that should happen but so far has only been a fleeting concept.
Take a look at the links below if you want to follow along, and as always tell us what you think about this episode in the comments!
Take a look at the links below if you want to follow along, and as always, tell us what you think about this episode in the comments!
Direct download (60 MB or so.)
Episode 039 Show Notes:
New This Week:
- Saying Farewell To Another B-17 And Its Crew
- Europeans Now Have The Right To Repair – And That Means The Rest Of Us Probably Will Too
- Mike Szczys – Maker Faire Rome
Interesting Hacks of the Week:
- This Lightning Detector Is Remarkably Sensitive
- Hacking Diesel Engines and Vespas:
- 2D-Scanner Records Surfboard Profiles For Posterity
- Building A Wind Power Generator In Your Backyard
- Hacking The IKEA TRÅDFRI LED Power Supply
- Tacking Against The Sun: Flying A Batteryless Solar RC Plane Is Almost Like Sailing
- Elliot’s Picks:
- Mike’s Picks: