Check out the vote tally which [Alek] put together (click for a much larger version). We couldn’t be more delighted at how the first round of voting for Astronaut or Not went. With very nearly 50k votes it’s time to start another round.
This is an entirely new round. Your 30 votes have been restored and you must vote at least once in this new round to be eligible for the voter lottery. The theme has also changed; vote for projects whose ideas are most likely to be used in other projects. That is to say: is there a core piece of cleverness that, properly explained and modularized, would be extremely extensible? Then vote for that one!
Links to the 15 winners are listed after the break; everyone on this list is getting a T-shirt and some stickers. The same will be true for the next round but we’re changing up the Voter Lottery prize — it’ll be similarly valuable and desirable but we’ll save details for this for Thursday. Make sure you vote or risk losing Friday’s lottery!
Congratulations to the first round winners of Astronaut or Not!
- $300 Pick and Place / 3D printer
- Open Source Science Tricorder
- GRID-EYE BLE-capable thermal camera
- SatNOGS – Global Network of Ground Stations
- Simple, low-cost FMCW radar
- Project Jarvis – A.I Home Automation & Assistant
- 3-In-1 Desktop, CNC and Laser Engraver
- TOME – Portable 3D Printer
- OSCAR: The Open Screen Adapter
- DIY 3D Printable RaspberryPi Raman Spectrometer