This week Hackaday Editor-in-Chief Elliot Williams and Managing Editor Tom Nardi will discuss the return of the East Coast RepRap Festival, the scientific application of slices of baloney, and the state of the art in homebrew e-readers. The discussion weaves its way through various reimaginings of the seven (or more) segment display, an impressive illuminated headboard that comes with its own science-fiction film, and the surprising difficulty of getting a blinking LED to actually look like a flame. Stick around to the end to find out why iPhones are freaking out on amusement park rides, and to hear all the details about this year’s Supercon badge.
Episode 189 Show Notes:
What’s that Sound?
- Think you know what this week’s sound was? Fill out the form for a chance to win a rare Hackaday Podcast T-Shirt!
Interesting Hacks of the Week:
- Seeing If Cheating At Chess The Hard Way Is Even Possible
- DIY E-Reader Has Hot Swap Mechanical Keys
- Seven Segments, But Not As We Know Them
- This Headboard Contains An Artificial Sun
- A Cold Light To Warm Your Heart
- A Raspberry Pi Phone For The Modern Era
- Elliot’s Picks:
- Tom’s Picks: