Editors Elliot Williams and Tom Nardi are back in the (virtual) podcast studio to talk the latest phase of the 2023 Hackaday Prize, the past, present, and future of single-board computers, and a modern reincarnation of the Blackberry designed by hardware hackers. They’ll also cover the current state of toothbrush NFC hacking, the possibilities of electric farm equipment, and a privately funded satellite designed to sniff out methane. Stick around till the end to find out if there really is such a thing as having too many tools.
Check out the links below if you want to follow along, and as always, tell us what you think about this episode in the comments!
Episode 221 Show Notes:
What’s that Sound?
- Recognize this week’s sound? Fill out the form and give us your best guess.
Interesting Hacks of the Week:
- What Next For The SBC That Has Everything?
- Beepberry Brings Memory LCD And A Physical Keyboard To Your Pi
- Pretty Small Robot Is Capable, Nonetheless
- Hacking A “Smart” Electric Toothbrush To Reset Its Usage Counter
- Will Electric Tractors Farm Your Food?
- DIY 3D Printed Rain Gauge Connects To Home Assistant
- Elliot’s Picks:
- Tom’s Picks: