A year ago today, Phillip Torrone posted the first hack of the day: a redbox built from a RadioShack phone dialer. We’ll be celebrating all day and you should be able to find us in the #hackaday channel on Efnet.
Since this about the first post I thought it would be fun to cover “first post!” phenomena on Hack-A-Day. Our audience has gotten huge over the last year, but the behavior of “first post”ers is still silly. Here’s why:
- First occurrence: [matt] gets the first post 14 hours and 40 minutes after the story is posted. He’s the only post for the next 1.5 months.
- [praetorian] gets first post in 1 hour 31 minutes. This might deserve a little more credit since it did become one of the most commented stories, only to be crushed by its follow up.
- [matt] improves his time; posts within 2 hours of the story going live.
- The 60 minute barrier is nearly broken by [Chris Morefield].
- [mrdelayer] becomes the current record holder at 54 minutes.
Now that we’ve covered it