Hackaday editors Mike Szczys and Elliot Williams undertake a journey through the week of fantastic hacks. Add a new level of complexity to model rockets by launching them from a silo via pneumatic ram before the combustibles even get involved. The eyes of that sculpture are actually following you — and with laser focus! The Game Boy is a pillar of pop culture for a reason, there’s a superb talk that outlines all of the interesting choices that made the electronics so special. We round out the show with a rousing discussion of a space tow truck and a scholarly look at the sporadic wake patter of Alexa et al.
Take a look at the links below if you want to follow along, and as always tell us what you think about this episode in the comments!
Take a look at the links below if you want to follow along, and as always, tell us what you think about this episode in the comments!
Direct download (60 MB or so.)
Episode 059 Show Notes:
New This Week:
- The Corona Clock
- Join Team Hackaday To Crunch COVID-19 Through Folding@Home
- 3D Printed Parts Keep Respirators Operational During COVID-19 Epidemic
- Saving 4 Patients With Just 1 Ventilator
- Corona Cancels Cons
- Sophi Kravitz’s Keynote at Open Hardware Summit
Interesting Hacks of the Week:
- Watchman Watches You Watching Him Watch You
- Silo Launched Model Rocket Goes Thoomp
- Manual To Hydraulic Press, With A Paint Sprayer
- Rover Runs Slow And Steady On Solar Power
- Robotic Ball Bouncer Uses Machine Vision To Stay On Target
- The Ultimate Game Boy Talk
- Mike’s Picks:
- Elliot’s Picks:
Please be kind and respectful to help make the comments section excellent. (Comment Policy)