Hackaday editors Elliot Williams and Mike Szczys check out the week’s awesome hacks. From the mundane of RC controlled TP to a comprehensive look into JTAG for Hackers, there’s something for everyone. We discuss a great guide on the smelly business of resin printing, and look at the misuse of lithium battery protection circuits. There’s a trainable servo, star-tracking space probes, and a deep dive into why bootstrapped ventilator designs are hard.
Take a look at the links below if you want to follow along, and as always tell us what you think about this episode in the comments!
Direct download (~60 MB)
Places to follow Hackaday podcasts:
Episode 062 Show Notes:
New This Week:
- Freaky futurism:
- A ton of people are working from home: what if it sticks?
Interesting Hacks of the Week:
- Real Engineering Behind Ventilators
- Turn Off Those Batteries With Their Protection Chip
- Simon Says, But With Servos
- Reliability Check: Consumer And Research-Grade Wrist-Worn Heart Rate Monitors
- A Hacker’s Guide To JTAG
- Put An Open Source Demon In Your Pocket
- Elliot’s Picks:
- Mike’s Picks: